National Institutes of Health grant allows The University of Kansas Health System access to latest in research
Among the different grants The University of Kansas Health System has received, one specific to neuromuscular research gives physicians and surgeons access to NeuroNEXT - a Network for Excellence in Neuroscience Clinical Trials
. As one of 25 elite sites across the country, this network provides “a robust, standardized and accessible infrastructure to facilitate rapid development and implementation of protocols in neurological disorders affecting adult and/or pediatric populations.”
The region’s best neurological care
The University of Kansas Health System offers the best care in the region for neurological diseases and conditions. The physicians, surgeons, nurses and therapists who make up the hospital’s many specialized care teams have made it their life’s work to treat and study conditions from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease to stroke, epilepsy and spinal disorders.
- The health system has more fellowship-trained doctors and surgeons than other facilities in the area. Our academic physicians are specialists instead of generalists. We are highly trained to treat specific diseases and conditions.
- Through partnerships and collaborations, we offer resources that assist not only the patient but also the entire family affected by a neurological condition. Your care team will include professionals from several disciplines and will address your immediate needs as well as your long-term care.
- Our doctors lead critical research that offers improved treatments and potential cures for diseases. We have convenient locations with easy access to the region’s major highways. The University of Kansas Health System's main campus is just a short drive from anywhere in the metro. We continue to open new facilities in southern Johnson County to serve patients in that area as well.
Certified centers of excellence
- Certified Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center
- National Institute of Aging Certified Alzheimer's Disease Center
- National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence
- Certified Peripheral Neuropathy Center
- Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis Center
- Level 4 Epilepsy Program
Nationally recognized for quality
Patients seeking medical opinions and treatment come to The University of Kansas Health System from a seven-state region. Physicians across the state and region refer patients to our specialists on a regular basis.
- The University of Kansas Health System has the only Alzheimer’s Disease Center in the region.
- The hospital’s neurosciences program ranks as one of the best in the country, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- The health system has the only program in the state and one of only two in the region to be designated a Level 4 epilepsy center.
Improving care through clinical trials
Being part of medical research can seem daunting, but clinical trials that doctors at The University of Kansas Health System conduct every day are safe and effective. The treatments and drugs they study will one day be used in helping patients live longer, healthier lives. To learn more about clinical trials, call 913-588-1227 or toll free 844-323-1227.
As an academic medical center, we work in partnership with research scientists to continually improve patient care.
Our neurosciences research program is among the top 25 in the nation in funding from the National Institutes of Health. Learn more about research.