Critical care when you need it
The Neurosurgery team at The University of Kansas Hospital provides the highest level of medical care for people with serious injuries or disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord and nervous system.
With the largest neurosurgical group in the Kansas City area, our practitioners are specialists who:
- Have performed thousands of successful surgeries and together have more than 25 years of experience.
- Use leading-edge technology and pioneering research that can be found only at an academic medical center.
- Have pioneered some of the most innovative treatments and complex surgeries to treat brain disorders. In many cases, we are the only hospital in the region where such surgeries are performed.
- Regularly use a multidisciplinary approach, working together with other specialists such as oncologists and radiologists, to provide the best outcomes for patients.
- Offer the very latest in advanced techniques and technologies to treat or remove brain tumors as safely as possible.
As a result, our patients experience shorter hospital stays and significantly lower bills than the average patient elsewhere in the country.
Programs of Excellence:
Find out more about our procedures we perform.
One of the top neurosurgery programs in the nation
- Ranked among U.S. News & World Report's top 50 programs for 2016-17.
- Only one of five healthcare facilities in the nation to be designated an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- The only hospital in the region recognized as a Level I Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons.
- One of only 24 Centers of Excellence in the country certified by the National Parkinson's Foundation.
- Designated as a Level IV Comprehensive Epilepsy Center from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC), the highest designation possible.